Federal Building "liberated" - Need Help to get Federal Hearings

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@thebook.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 11:18:11 EST

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Folks,

Have some good news to report on my attempts to "walk" in
the local Federal Building. Yesterday, I went up to the 13th
floor, outside the offices of our local Congressman and walked,
carrying my sign, for two hours -- no problem!

For details or to participate check the site,
http://www.kids-right.org/walk_dm1.htm

You can be sure they are waiting to see if my actions are
that of a "crank" or "lone ranger" -- or represent the concerns
of many mother and fathers (and voters!). I am going to
try to arrange meetings with their staff members, your
participation would be welcome. I WOULD LOVE to have another
mother & father walk with me -- it would send a VERY
powerful message (feel free to call me at the number below
if you are interested).

I will be doing it again next week between 2-4pm. I will
be getting a Permit for people to also walk in the Plaze
outside the building on Thursday/Friday(Jan 13/14). Your
help would be invaluable. Change at the "Federal" level
gives us all the best chance of seeing rapid reform!!!

THIS MAY BE AN IMPORTANT EVENT IN A COUPLE OF WAYS:

1. The focus for all of us is to reform the system. Either
the Congressman or U.S. Senator that have offices in this
building have the power to:
        a) Sponsor the Family Rights Act
        http://www.kids-right.org/act.htm

        b) Make a call for televised hearings into abuses
of the system -- very similar to what happened last year
regarding the IRS treatment of taxpayers. Giving "us" a
chance to testify.

2. Many of you are distant from Syracuse -- but Federal
Building rules should be similar nationwide. An important
precedence has been set! My protest page contains a
"diary" of letters I wrote to officials and actions taken
-- these are things any of you can do -- even as simple
as copying the message and just changing name/address.
http://www.kids-right.org/protest_dm.htm

                                          John