Member News/Family Rights Act Update

From: Webmaster (webmaster@kids-right.org)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 16:26:46 EST

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Folks,

This message contains info on the following:
1. Help needed by a non U.S. parent.
2. Updates to the Family Rights Act.
3. Improvements to Member Support Info.
4. Murtari "strike" effort to resume.

1. Help Needed by a non U.S. parent.
We were contacted by an Omary Ali, a parent from Morocco whose
spouse left the country and immigrated to California -- with their
two children. A quick custody hearing in the U.S. left Omary with
very little hope of contact. Check this page for details, perhaps
someone can give Omary some guidance.
http://www.kids-right.org/spec_morocco.htm

2. Updates to the Family Rights Act.
Take a look at recent changes to the Act,
http://www.kids-right.org/act.htm

Feel free to post your comments to our special Forum,
http://www.kids-right.org/cgi-bin/kids-right/dcforum/one/dcboard.cgi?az=list
&forum=legislat

This version of the Act presents a standard to be used before a Court
could deny a parent equal access to their child: If such conduct would
be allowed by parents not experiencing a divorce -- a divorcing parent
would not be held to any higher standard.

3. Improvements to Member Support Info.
Our support page, http://www.kids-right.org/member.php3,
allows members who have registered to post their name and
areas of interest on the web. It now allows you to include a
web site link with your name (useful for other organizations
offering support).

There are more members in each state than shown on this
page. If you are attempting to organize a Kids-Right group
in your area, please give us your message -- and we can
send you message to the correct people. Sorry -- we can't
release the private addresses directly to you.

4. Murtari "strike" update