[AKidsRight.Org] Current News / Your FEEDBACK

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 16:08:58 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

This message contains info on:
1. Current News
2. Your FEEDBACK

1. Current News
----------------
>From Teri Stoddard:

109 days without eating...

John was interviewed yesterday by film producer Angelo Lobo for
'Support? System Down,' a full-length documentary.  You can find
trailers here: http://www.supportthemovie.com.  Both John and Angelo
report the interview went very well.  Before Angelo left the jail, a
crew showed up from News10Now.  They interviewed John and Angelo, and
also got some film of Angelo interviewing John.  A reporter from the
Post Standard interviewed John by phone and plans on running one or
two more articles on John's situation.  All-in-all, John says it looks
like his last 30 days in jail have paid off.

I'd like to thank Dan Yates for funding the press release that went
out over USNewsWire yesterday.  Thanks Dan!

I hope those on the Eastern coast will have some free time in mid
December, between the 12th and 20th.  I've been contacted by an
activist who is putting together another rally in Syracuse for John.
Hearing the words "from several states," "buses" and "super heroes"
has me excited in anticipation.  I'll share more details as I get
them.

Anyone wanting to donate to John's (our) cause can call me at
877-635-1968 ex 212 or can send checks to:

Kids-Right Support c/o Software Workshop Inc.
Att: Media Fund
55 E. Genesee Street
Baldwinsville, NY  13027

Anyone wanting to donate to John's legal fund can send a check to:

Mr. Charles Keller Esq.
Att: Murtari Legal Defense
9416 Carousel Center Drive
Syracuse, New York 13290

John will be incarcerated on Thanksgiving.  This might be a nice time
to write to him:

John Murtari, POD 5A-8
Inmate Correspondence
555 S. State Street
Syracuse, NY 13202-2104

Press Release
--------------
This is a copy of the USNewsWire press release that went out yesterday:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Teri Stoddard
Email: teri@akidsright.org

PARENTS' RIGHTS ACTIVIST ENDURES 108 DAYS WITHOUT EATING

Documentary "Support? System Down" To Include AKidsRight.Org Founder
John Murtari

Syracuse, New York-- Angelo Lobo, Producer of 'Support? System Down'
will be arriving in Syracuse today, November 16, 2006 to film John
Murtari, founder of AKidsRight.Org, in the Onondaga County Justice
Center, on his 108th day with no solid food.

"John's story is special in that he has taken a stand against a system
that desperately needs reform, on a national level," said Lobo, "He is
a voice for thousands who are being incarcerated against their
constitutional rights."

Murtari, 50, an Air Force Academy graduate, was sentenced to 6 months
incarceration for willful failure to pay child support, a charge he
disputes.  Inspired by Gandhi, Murtari started the parents'
organization AKidsRight.Org and has been advocating for a Family
Rights Act.

"The child support system is broken; their information is not accurate
or complete," said Jane Spies of the National Family Justice
Association.  "If an honorable man like John can get locked up, anyone
can," she continued, "How does this help his son?  Why does his son
have to suffer the loss of a loving father?"

Murtari urges parents who want change in family law to demonstrate
faith, love and personal sacrifice, and to participate in peaceful
protest. He once climbed the art structure in front of the Federal
Building and displayed a large banner in his quest to get a meeting
with Senator Clinton. Murtari stopped eating July 31, the day he
reported to jail.  "John is a hero to parents around the world," said
Spies.

Lobo has interviewed parents across the country who have said it's
time for change in family law.  "This is the new civil rights
movement," said Teri Stoddard, "Parents are demanding truth, justice
and equality.  They want their constitutional rights upheld."

Everyone is encouraged to join the AKidsRight.Org mailing list
http://www.AKidsRight.org/register/sign-up.php4. Murtari will be
released on December 1st, and his first priority is visiting his son.

For more information visit www.AKidsRight.Org

For more information on AGINELO Productions visit www.aginelo.com.

2. Your FEEDBACK

--- Ronald E. Smith <http://www.cnbp.org/>