[AKidsRight.Org] Syracuse Rally Plans / Preparing for the Advent of Reform

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 09:57:05 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

It's nice to be able to type this myself!  I was released from jail
last Friday and have been busy playing catch up both at home and work.
I've said this before, but my sincere appreciation for the efforts of
so many people on my behalf -- I'm so very fortunate to be in good
health after an experience that could have had serious consequences.
Many, many thanks!

My special thanks to Teri Stoddard (tstoddard@AKidsRight.Org) and Jane
Spies (jspies@AKidsRight.Org) who did a great job with news releases
and getting the media interested.  Kevin Purdy (kpurdy@AKidsRight.Org)
helped manage a flood of email.  All helped me with good personal
advice as situations changed.

Thanks also to those who contributed to the effort:
Legal Defense: http://www.AKidsRight.Org/donation_log_jm.htm
Media/Other:   http://www.AKidsRight.Org/donation_log.htm

Every bit was welcome and if you contributed your name should be there
-- please let us know if it was missed!  I tried to write a personal
letter to every contributor.  We all have our own financial burdens to
deal with, your sacrifices were a great help!

Upcoming Plans
--------------
I really want to hear from you on some plans we have for a rally in
Syracuse that will focus on getting a front-running Presidential
candidate, Senator Hillary Clinton, to meet with parents.

Please review the details in the following list messages:

http://www.AKidsRight.Org/archive/archive2006/0047.html  -- What's our next focus?
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/archive/archive2006/0049.html  -- Rally plans?
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/archive/archive2006/0052.html  -- Letter to Sen. Clinton.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_rights_essay.htm         -- Our Civil Rights

Let me know what you think about these plans, if you would travel to
such an event, and if you live in the Central New York area - could
you help in organizing and hosting the rally? Your FEEDBACK will be
shared with the others in the group.

Preparing for the Advent of Reform
----------------------------------
I almost didn't want to put this in the message.  Tomorrow I have
plane tickets to fly out west so I can be with my son, Domenic, for
the weekend, It is something we are both looking forward to.  About a
week later he'll be flying here to spend the Christmas Holiday with
me, Dec 21st - 30th.  How fortunate we both are & with thanks to you!

More than any other time of the year, Christmas can drive a knife into
the gut of any parent separated from their child. Forgive the
'graphic' description, but if you have been there -- how else can you
describe the pain, depression, frustration and anger.  It can be
twisted further when alienation has taken place and your kids don't
want to see you for the holidays -- even as adults!

As a spiritual director told me years ago when I asked them how I
should feel about a difficult situation, "John, you are suppose to
feel the way you feel.  The only real question is, how are you going
to act in response to those feelings?"

The site documents what happened to me recently:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support_jm.htm   (blog)
http://www.AKidsRIght.Org/paper.htm        (media coverage)

Many people think these efforts helped others and may have an impact
on bringing reform closer.  I never (or almost never) spoke out in
anger, or ridiculed a former spouse, Judge, or lawyer. If I had
'impact', it was not because I talked about 'them' and the 'bad' THEY
did -- it was because I talked about the pain I felt and the great
LOVE I had for my child and the love you have for yours.

As Christmas approaches, I'm reviewing my thoughts and actions as I
prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, the human being,
who was just like us, who was not treated fairly and suffered, but
still believed in the power of love to bring change to himself and
others: http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm

It gives me hope in the what the future can bring if we only try our
best.  We are getting closer to the advent of real reform!