[AKidsRight.Org] Murtari cased adjourned - Judge recused himself.

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 17:01:56 EDT

Good People & People of Faith,

I'm surprised to be writing this.  Most of this message was prepared
earlier, and was going to be sent out if I was jailed for contempt.

After all the personal stress in getting ready for today's trial, it
was a disappointment when Judge David Klim recused himself.  I was
quite surprised to hear his reasoning: he mentioned the AKidsRight.Org
web site and said I had negative comments about him there and was very
critical of him (this is the same Judge that sent me to jail in 2000).
He said he was so upset about the comments, that he couldn't give a
fair ruling.

I was very surprised by that, you are welcome to check the site below
and read the history yourself.  I did send him numerous letters from
jail asking for mercy, but I was always respectful and never insulted
or demeaned his character.  Everyone deserves to be treated with
dignity, respect, & compassion.

The case will be assigned to another Judge and rescheduled.  The issue
of venue may hold up the entire matter -- more on that in the link
below.

For complete details and background, including a photo of my son,
Domenic, and I see: http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support_jm.htm

I have included contact info below for various officials and if anyone
can offer help with legal fees, they are welcome -- more info below.

Please excuse me if some old/new stuff is mixed in this message - JM.

Our issue
---------
How is it that a parent who has: done volunteer work, served our
country in the Air Force, been active in his Church, demonstrated a
life long commitment to the care of his family, has a loving
relationship with his child, and spent a large amount of money in
support of his child -- is not only labeled a 'deadbeat' by New York
State, but also given a prison sentence?  Family web site at:
http://www.murtari.org/

John Murtari's story is not unique at all -- there are even more
horrible stories happening all over the country.  How?

Our society has failed to recognize & protect the Civil Right of
parents to nurture their own children. There ought to be a
"significant barrier" the system has to cross before they can
interfere with family life. Before a Judge has the ability to
determine 'what is in the best interest' of your child.

We are not looking for MORE laws, but protection.  That you and your
spouse are both considered Fit & Equal parents (equal in terms of both
physical and legal custody).  If anyone (a spouse, relative, social
services) wishes to challenge that, you have:

1) The right to counsel.
2) The right to be presumed a fit parent, innocent, and deserving of
an equal relationship with your kids.
3) The right to protection of a jury.  The "state" needs to prove you
were a demonstrated serious and intentional threat to your child's
safety.

How you can help.
----------------
We have contact information for various public officials below.
Please write them and let them know you care about this. John can also
use financial help with his Legal Defense, that info also follows.

The MESSAGE should not be one of anger, but merely to say to them, We
love our children.  We have been denied our rights. We need
Congressional hearings into reform.

Please ask the Federal and County Prosecutors to examine what is
happening here.

If you have ideas for publicity or other actions in support, please
contact both:
Terri Stoddard (PR Person):  shared.parenting.works@gmail.com
Kevin Purdy (Webmaster):  webmaster@AKidsRight.Org

Contact Info:
------------
Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (up for election this year)
James M. Hanley Federal Building
100 South Clinton Street
P.O. Box 7378
Syracuse, NY  13261-7378
Phone: 315-448-0470, Fax:  315-448-0476

Congressman James Walsh (up for election this year)
James M. Hanley Federal Building
100 South Clinton Street
P.O. Box 7306
Syracuse, NY  13261-7306
Phone: 315-423-5657, Fax: 315-423-5669

US Attorney Glenn Suddaby
P.O. Box 7198
100 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, NY 13261-7198
Phone: 315-448-0672, Fax: 315-448-0689

Onondaga County DA Bill Fitzpatrick
505 S. Salina Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: 315-435-2470

Legal Defense:
-------------
Like many of you, John has had a lot of 'less than satisfying'
experiences with some attorneys.  Mr. Charles Keller is the real thing
and takes his job very seriously to represent his client's interests.

Mr. Keller is an experienced criminal trial lawyer.  He first
represented John as his public defender during John's attempts to
peacefully walk in the Federal Building.  He had over 18 sets of
charges dismissed.  http://www.AKidsRight.Org/events.htm At that time
he was the Chief of the Criminal Division for the Hiscock Legal Aid
society in Syracuse, New York.  He has also served as a faculty member
at the Syracuse University Law School.  Presently, he is in private
practice.

He is not very experienced in Family Law, but became aware of John's
contempt trial and volunteered to represent him for whatever John
could pay (which was not much!).  Your contributions, even in the
range of $20-$50 are welcome.  We will report them at our web site,
for more details see: http://www.AKidsRight.Org/donate_jm.htm

You can address any donation to:

Mr. Charles Keller Esq.
Att: Murtari Legal Defense