[AKidsRight.Org] Senator Clinton Help Us (May 6th - Syracuse) / Your FEEDBACK

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 15:34:13 EDT

Good People & People of Faith,

I wanted to share some of your FEEDBACK to recent messages
below. Most importantly I wanted to share some 'good' news on
planned attendance for our Mother's Day event at the Syracuse
Federal Building scheduled for this Friday (May 6th).

Our goal was to help convince Senator Clinton of the need to meet
with parents regarding reform.  We wanted mothers & fathers to
bring their stories and drop them off at the Senator's local
offices.  After that, those who wished could take some chalk and
write "I LOVE YOU" to their kids in the Federal Plaza.

The 'good' news is that planned attendance can only increase!  Right
now we have ZERO people who have registered at the site or contacted
me directly about being there.  I would like to send out a News
Release and try to get some TV coverage there (you know they will be
looking for stories with a Mother's Day theme).  But first I need to
know some people are coming...

If you have been on the list for a while you know the number of
FEEDBACK messages that have 'skewered' Senator Clinton for not
caring about reform -- but what can we seriously expect when we
don't show ourselves?

Please, this really isn't meant to criticize.  There are a lot of
valid excuses out there (I have used many of them in the past
myself)....  This is not something new in the history of Civil
Rights.  But it should give us something to think about. It is hard
to get started.

Hopefully more of us will soon think this type of thing 'matters'
enough to drive 300 miles, take a day off from work, etc... because
it matters to us.  Because we believe that even if no one else cares
or shows, that our being there will matter. Our action will matter.

I will be there on Friday.  Hope to see you to!  For a detailed
schedule and plans, see http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr

Your FEEDBACK regarding Senator Clinton

--- mark@madelf.com

--- "bif" <g16@ccrtc.com>

> the scary thing is john, this is the woman that wants to be
> president bif

Well, you may have a point.  But what may be scarier than that is
the Ms. Clinton, a very good politician, doesn't feel that Family
Law reform is even a minor blip on the political radar? In our past
history Civil Right's action have eventually had broad political
support -- we have a way to go!

--- wintrywood@comcast.net

> I would be out there every time you went in full Wonder Woman gear
> writing in RED WHITE and BLUE I LOVE YOU. SENATOR CLINTON PLEASE
> HELP US!  I have called her office and told them to invite you up.
> Our government doesn't care about its people. WW

Thanks for the message and especially for contacting her offices.
Every call makes a BIG difference.

--- "Mike Kosak" <mkosak@adelphia.net>

> how about getting a day where 20 or 30 people get together and
> write "sen Clinton help" all at the same time?

Yes, that is what I say in the message in the What is Next section.
We are trying to get a bigger group of people together.

--- Fran <GFGriner@aol.com>

> Keep up the good work in your efforts to meet with Hillary.

> Hillary only raised one daughter.  What does she know about men,
> sons, fathers, and kids need for a father??  Help her to
> understand.  Did she ever love her father, and was he ever
> important to her.  Does she care about her husband, or does she
> just want to use him for her own benefit??

Yes, we do need to show her our experiences.

--- "Roger Knight" <rogerwknight@hotmail.com>

> Keep it up, Johnny!  You're doing it exactly right!  Wonder if the
> federal government will set up a program where they will give away
> surplus chalk to the poor.  Imagine the cost to the taxpayers of
> storing all those pieces of chalk in warehouses!

That is a great one!  Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!

--- Ann Borba <anniebeefree@sbcglobal.net>

> God bless you and keep you safe!!! Do you want letters from other
> states?  I would be happy to write about what has happened to me
> here in CA although I still share custody....my children are still
> victims of PAS.....no custody or some custody--any child
> brainwashed to hate a parent needs to have the torture
> stopped.......I admire your courage and love....Ann

You are certainly welcome to write the Senator.  She is a national
figure and it will let her know the extent of the problem.  This is
not just a 'New York' issue.

--- "Kim Berry" <kberry@surewest.net>

--- David Johnson <dbjohns@rocketmail.com>

> I wonder - would it be possible to "buy" some ad space on a
> building across from the Federal Building, particularly in front
> of Senator Clinton's office window, and install a large banner
> with the same message, "Senator Clinton - Please Help Us", signed
> by parents?  I'm certain you could get donations to cover the
> costs, either by raising funds somehow or other - selling t-shirts
> and buttons may be a good idea. Sometimes the "bigger" the
> message, the stronger the impression...

> Just a suggestion, let me know if you're interested.

Yes, that is a very good idea and would certainly make an impact!
It would just take someones time to collect the bucks and set it all
up.  I will share it with the list to see if anyone is interested.

- Followup from David

--- Donna <Valleygate1@aol.com>

--- "Cecile" <gemni@sover.net>

--- "Help-4-Kids" <help4kids@optushome.com.au>