Growing weary of the reform effort?

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 12:52:23 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

Weary of reform?  I wanted to say tired, but maybe weary says it
better.  Something that starts to sink into your very being and
effects your whole body.  Weary of the email, the in-fighting, the
courts, the former spouse, keeping some type of contact with your kids
and a growing voice that says ....  give it up -- things will never
change... you are wasting your time & your life... move on.

I've felt some real weariness over the past few months. In and out of
court, in and out of jail, the noise, the not knowing -- it was just
getting old.  This has been going on for over 5 years at the Federal
Building -- I could even begin to sense that the Judge and Prosecutor
were starting to get tired.... http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton

There are still two pending contempt charges for violating a Federal
Magistrate's 'stay away' order.  I'll be adding one more when I return
to the building in early January.  I just found out I've been
appointed an assigned counsel. That the contempt would be a
'misdemeanor' charge, a real 'crime' now and a more serious
penalty. He told me there would be a change of faces in the Court
room.  It appears US Magistrate DiBianco does not want to handle the
trial and Asst. US Attorney Southwick also asked for replacement.

Can you blame them? Every appearance in the Court room was beginning
to feel like 'Ground Hog's Day'.  How many of you have had the same
type of feelings?  Nothing you do matters, the same faces and
attitudes, and if anything changes -- it only gets worse?

Why me?
-------
Ever ask yourself that? Come on, join me, look in the mirror -- aren't
you a kind, caring, sensitive person that was victimized?  Oh, you
have a few faults: too loving, too trusting, too giving of yourself
(If you believe all that, I've got a sub-prime mortgage I'd like to
sell you!) -- but how could it happen, who's to blame, what to do?

Do you see the soldiers coming back from Iraq: no hands, no legs, no
eyes, and of course, no life?  You remember the famous NFL Player, Pat
Tillman, shot by one of our own in a silly accident.

Do you think that just because you don't wear a uniform you get a
'pass' on the unfairness of life?  That you got a 'pass' on standing
up for what you believe in and potential sacrifice.  You didn't ask to
be in 'combat' (didn't ask to have your family destroyed), not many
soldiers do -- but now what?

What to do?
----------
Live beyond yourself and for others?  Two soldiers: one believed in
what he was doing: protecting our homes, helping people achieve freedom
-- the other, just wanted money for college, get the tour over, and
get back to his life. Both dead. Does their motivation now make any
difference?  I'd like to answer that with a very strong Yes!

Faith in a loving God.
----------------------
Again, I must preface this by saying I'm not trying to 'convert'
anyone, but just sharing my experience and motivation.  As has been
said before the past successful Civil Rights movements using
NonViolent Action were formed around a core of
believers... http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm

There were time in jail when the 'bile' would just start to rise as I
thought of all the pain and injustice we've been subject to -- what's
the use!!!!!!!

I would have to remind myself, in the words Jesus of Nazareth used to
pray to a loving God: Our Father, 'Abba' , 'Papa', 'Daddy'.  Being a
parent made me feel the depth of love I can have for another person,
my child.  It helped me realize what Divine love for us really means.

I try to believe three things: God knows, God cares, and God acts. He
does not need our anger & hatred. We are not suffering alone.  Why
doesn't he always help us?  Not a valid question, but we should never
lack in Faith that a loving God can't act to help us.

Many of us may not 'believe' all this. I believe because Jesus
believed in it enough to die for it.  He did more than talk about
ideals -- he lived them by his actions.  Kept his Faith in some very
'weary' moments, what about us?

Best regards!  Hope to see some of you in early January, chalk in
hand!