News Update/Final Planning - April 16 - Syracuse

From: Webmaster (webmaster@kids-right.org)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 07:20:38 EDT

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Good People,

This brief message contains information on our planned meeting & action for
Federal Civil Rights reform in Syracuse, NY, on April 16th.
http://www.AKidsRight.org/action_syr
1.  You are welcome to send your picture/petition.
2.   Legal representation now available.
3.   Schedule of events and our Letters.

1.  You are welcome to attend OR send your picture/petition.
-----------------------------
Please consider joining us. If you can't, send us a picture of you and
your children that we can leave with our Federal Representatives.  We have
one member of the House of Representatives, and two U.S. Senators, one
of those is the new Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton -- our attempts to focus
her attention on this issue will help gain great public attention.   If you
can
help in any other way, please let us know!

Send photos to:
 A Kid's Right
 c/o Software Workshop Inc.
 55 E. Genesee Street
 Baldwinsvlle, NY  13027

We recommend you make a copy of a picture and on the back, hand write a
brief message asking for protection of your rights and expressing your
desire to see your children.  Include your full name and address so they
can respond.  We need the pictures by Saturday, so please mail today!
You are also welcome to send a FAX letter to us that we can hand deliver.
Our fax number is:  315-635-3243

2.  Legal representation now available.
-------------------------------
See below for details, but part of the events for Monday is a planned "walk"
outside the offices of Representative James Walsh.  So far he has refused
to even acknowledge the "rights of parents" as a national issue deserving
Constitutional protection.  For those walking, with the possible risk of
arrest,
we are happy to say that two attorneys have volunteered to help during any
initial arraignment.  We all express our great thanks!

1.  Mr. Charles Keller - involved in State practice. He represented John
Murtari
during his previous "walks" in the Federal Building and his strong voice was
key in getting all charges dismissed and convincing state and federal
officials that such walks should be allowed to proceed. (cakeller@syr.edu)
2.  Mr. James Stern - involved in Federal practice.  Associated with the
local
ACLU with experience in Civil Rights work. http://www.jsternesq.com/

3.  Schedule of events and our Letters.
-----------------------------
There will be a LOT happening in the next week.  Please check the following
page for full details, http://www.AKidsRight.Org/action_syr

It includes letters we have written to our Federal Representatives and also
building management.  Again, we are trying to keep a positive and courteous
attitude at all times.  These are good people that we are dealing with
(certainly
no worse than any of us are!).  They  may have trouble understanding our
situations and goals.  We will help them understand, NOT by insults, but
by demonstrating OUR willingness to sacrifice for the sake of our children.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm