Happy Father's Day

From: Webmaster (webmaster@kids-right.org)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 12:15:53 EDT

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Good Fathers,

>From everyone associated with Kids-Right, we hope you had
a VERY HAPPY FATHER'S DAY. Especially for those of you who have
"orders" which don't even allow you to have contact with your
children. Maybe your spouse forgot the human decency
to help the children do a special Father's Day card for you. (The
keyword there is "forgot" -- not "doesn't have") ...... We
are all sorry. You can be sure the other people in this group,
moms and dads included, understand the feelings of pain and
loss days like this can bring -- and also the joy!

The attached poem, submitted by a member, Joe Branscomb,
is for you. His email is: jbranscomb@fc.fcps.k12.va.us

For the members of Kids-Right, remember we are people of faith.
Seem strange? Visit the website again for the first time
(http://www.kids-right.org/civil_back.htm). When we talk about
following Gandhi and Martin Luther King -- we are following people
who had tremendous personal faith. Like them we believe we can
change the system. Without violence, without vengeance, without
hatred -- just faith and love.

A Father's Tears

The world little cares for a father's tears;
Men aren't allowed to cry.
So when they take his children from him
Few pause to question why.

Few know his sorrow, his pain, his grief;
The rest will not recognize
That the loss he suffers is not his alone:
Look through the children's eyes.

The children can see that Daddy is gone;
No longer allowed in their lives.
He's just a visitor four days a month,
--Tears in our children's eyes.

But we know not our children's tears,