July 31-Clinton Petition Rally/ Custody & Support-Canadian TV

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2007 - 06:25:07 EDT

Good People & People of Faith,

QUICK NOTE: Watch a good video from Canadian TV, Paula Todd on "The
Verdict" talking to Angelo Lobo, producer of Support?,
http://www.supportthemovie.com/, and a very good interview with Hal
Legere, F-4-J Canada, and a Family Law Lawyer. Check now at:
http://www.ctv.ca/generic/generated/sbplayer/Docs.html -- Click on the
segment "Custody Battles". (P.S. It includes a few clips taken from my
jail bed). For info on how to become a movie sponsor, see a message
from Mr. Lobo at:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/archive/archive2007/0022.html

Sen. Clinton Petition Rally Plans
---------------------------------
As I have mentioned before, we have been planning a rally for July
31st at the Syracuse Federal Building.  It is now 'official', we have
a signed permit from building officials, and here is the description:
(http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton/fedpermit3.jpg)

      "A peaceful collection of mothers & fathers holding pictures of
      their kids and asking Sen. Clinton for help in Family Rights.
      In pairs they will deliver petitions for reform to her local
      offices and those of other Members of Congress.  No shouting or
      yelling."

WHY SPEND THE TIME/MONEY TO ATTEND: You efforts to tell your story and
petitions for reform may have been ignored before, but this time will
be different. Three key points, see below for details:

1. You will personally delivery your story and petition for reform
to Congressional staff for not only Sen. Clinton, but also Sen. Schumer,
and Representative James Walsh.  You will show your willingness to testify
before Congress and encourage them to meet with other groups.

2. We expect good media coverage and this effort may be enough to
convince Presidential candidate Clinton that she should schedule a
trip to Syracuse and meet locally with a small group of parents in a
recorded public meeting.  As a secondary effort we will be asking the
same of Sen. Schumer and Congressman James Walsh.

3. This event is 'safe'.  No other public actiona are planned. If
additional public awareness is needed to convince Sen. Clinton to meet
with parents I hope others will join me in NonViolent Action
(http://www.AKidsRight.Org/checklist.htm) at a later date.  Your
presence now will help those who may sacrifice for reform later.

DATE: Tuesday, 31 July
LOCATION: Hanley Federal Building, Syracuse, NY
TIME: 10 AM - 3 PM
REGISTER/UPDATES: http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton
CONTACT/QUESTIONS:  John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org)

PARTICIPANTS DESIRED: Agree with the goals/approach identified by
AKidsRight.Org (http://www.AKidsRight.Org/approach.htm) App. 20-30
mother and fathers.

BRING TO RALLY: A small placard with a photo of you and your kids and
the message, "Sen. Clinton, Please Help Us!", also three copies ofyour
story with photo (just two pages). We recommend you include words
similar to the following in your first paragraph, "I hope after review
that you will call for Congressional Hearings into the need for
national Family Law reform and the passage of a Family Rights Act.  I
also ask for the opportunity to be called as a witness by any
Congressional committee investigating this issue..."  No other posters
or banners.

PREPARE YOUR SOUND 'bite': We expect both print and TV reporters
there, have your 30 second reply ready. Don't focus on the negatives,
but on the love you have for your children, the pain of separation,
the indignity, and how we need to recognize and protect our Civil
Right to be presumed FIT & EQUAL parents to our kids.

BACKGROUND: Many of you are aware of my personal history at the
Federal Building, http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr -- peaceful
NonViolent Action, over 35 arrests, Federal & State prosecution,
almost all charges dismissed before trial, some jail time, good (but
limited) media coverage. All in an effort to get Senator (and
Presidential candidate) Hillary Clinton to come to Syracuse and meet
with a small group of mothers & fathers about Family rights and hear
their stories.  This is an opportunity to put our Civil Right to be
presumed FIT and EQUAL parents on the national agenda. A meeting we
could record and share across the Internet.  A draft agenda is at
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton/agenda.htm

We also plan on posting your letters/pictures at our web site, see
link above for details.  We know the Senators staff is paying close
attention to these efforts.  Your letters will not be ignored and they
will be backed up by the actions of others in the future.

MEDIA PERSON: Teri Stoddard has done a great job in PR in the past but
won't be able to help with this effort due to other personal matters.
Anyone interested in acting as a media person for the group (and
hopefully be in attendance at this rally), please contact me.

PERSONALLY: Many of you know of my committment to our efforts. I try
to follow up my words with action.  Right now I am so fortunate to be
enjoying a summer vacation period with my Son, six whole weeks!  He
will be leaving July 26th.  I hope this Petition Rally will be
successful and Sen. Clinton will decided to meet with us; if not, I am
prepared, and I hope others will join me in NonViolent Action and
accept the risk of sacrificing our freedom for what we believe in
(jail).

I certainly believe we will succeed, but the path will be much easier
the more people are involved....

Best regards!
--
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"