[AKidsRight.Org] Vacation over - surprise jail sentence & NonViolent Action

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 10:08:40 EDT

Good People & People of Faith,

On Monday my son Domenic and I finished six weeks of vacation.  My
original plan was to focus efforts on a planned NonViolent Action for
August 15th, outside the offices of Sen. Clinton in Syracuse
(http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr).  That all changed after a
court appearance yesterday -- now I am preparing for a six month jail
sentence that may begin as soon as tomorrow.

Many of you know of my struggles over child support this spring.  I
had planned NonViolent Action during any forced jail sentence, being
passive to the point of not voluntarily eating or drinking for them,
but demanding they keep me fed and hydrated via medical intervention.

Please understand, this is NOT A HUNGER STRIKE. I have no desire to
hurt myself. I want the 'system' to expend an enormous amount of
effort to keep me captive as they ignore my most basic right to be
considered a fit & equal parent to my son.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support_jm.htm  (Has FULL details, please
read this first to get any questions answered).

This message will hopefully fill in some of the details and explain
what you can do to help.  Public attention will certainly play a big
factor on how I am treated and also how much this effort helps all our
goals for reform.  At the end I've included some links to summer
vacation pictures so you can put a personal face to this message. I
hope you will check them out!

Your HELP
---------
As you can imagine, I'm pretty busy getting my self ready for jail.

I have contact information for various public officials below.  Please
write them and let them know you care about this. John can also use
financial help with his Legal Defense, that info also follows.

The MESSAGE should not be one of anger, but merely to say to them, We
love our children.  We have been denied our rights. We need
Congressional hearings into reform.

Please ask the Federal and County Prosecutors to examine what is
happening here.

If you have ideas for publicity or other actions in support, please
contact both:
Terri Stoddard (PR Person):  shared.parenting.works@gmail.com
Kevin Purdy (Webmaster):  contact@AKidsRight.Org

Contact Info:
------------
Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (up for election this year)
James M. Hanley Federal Building
100 South Clinton Street
P.O. Box 7378
Syracuse, NY  13261-7378
Phone: 315-448-0470, Fax:  315-448-0476

Congressman James Walsh (up for election this year)
James M. Hanley Federal Building
100 South Clinton Street
P.O. Box 7306
Syracuse, NY  13261-7306
Phone: 315-423-5657, Fax: 315-423-5669

US Attorney Glenn Suddaby
P.O. Box 7198
100 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, NY 13261-7198
Phone: 315-448-0672, Fax: 315-448-0689

[I already sent Mr. Fitzpatrick a sworn complain about attorney
misconduct and perjury -- check the link above for details.]
Onondaga County DA Bill Fitzpatrick
505 S. Salina Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: 315-435-2470

A Great Vacation & Seeing Injustice
-----------------------------------
My son is now 13 and even though he was moved to the other side of the
country at age 6 -- we keep and grow the warmth and love a parent and
child should have.  Six weeks together this summer - imagine that!

You can fall into routine, just be family. It is like the separation
never happened.  We are the lucky ones.

As Coordinator I get a lot of your email and phone calls.  Not being
able to see your kids for years!  Having children that are now
alienated and all you can do is hope & pray for something better in
the future. Devastated by a terrible system of 'family law' that WE
ALLOWED to be installed -- without first protecting the Right of
Family, http://www.AKidsRight.Org/approach.htm -- yet almost all of us
try to continue with a 'normal' life and are told to 'get over it.'

My son is into digital photography.  I have collected a small sample
and posted them for you at our family web site.  Please take a
moment and go to:

http://www.murtari.org/photoGallery -- click on the link for "Summer
2006".  They highlight a lot of the things Dom & I did -- and I hope
highlight what 'should' have been with your kids. Some details to
explain the photos:

  - We took a raft and floated down a creek near our home.  A lazy
  summer day.

  - We did some masonry and extended a patio.

  - We cooked out a lot, had some family and friends over.

  - We went to Church together.

  - We rode our bicycles and played some tennis.

  - We worked on some model aircraft projects.

  - We both love animals.  Dom wanted to raise 6 baby chicks - a real
  handful!  We also have a new pet rabbit called Taro.  He is even
  more cuddly and soft than he looks!

  - We worked in our garden and raised a good crop of lettuce, beans,
  potatoes, cucumbers, and tomatoes. We went cherry picking at a local
  orchard.

  - We even went to a local Benedictine Monastery,
  http://www.msaviour.org/ -- one of the brothers gave us a great tour
  of the animals!  They are sheep herders.

  - We watched some TV, went to some movies and ate so much popcorn we
  never want to see it again!

  - We made and personally delivered almost 100 ham & cheese
  sandwiches, fruit, and juice to a local homeless shelter.

In jail I will certainly remember these moments. Moments we should all
be able to take for granted and never lose.  For those of you who had
written/called me, I will also remember the indignity and tragedy you
have been through.  It certainly gives me the motivation to see this
through and have hope for a positive outcome.

What about you?
--------------
If the system has destroyed your relationship with your kids -- the
list above should drill you to the bone.  You should feel anger,
frustration, sorrow, love, and loss for what could have been.....

One of your fundamental rights has been trampled -- do you feel the
pain?  What is your response?

In an earlier message we carried a quote, "Pain which is not
transformed is transmitted."  If we just dwell in anger, and a desire
for revenge, and to hurt others the way we have been hurt -- we will
fail miserably.  If we manage to forget our kids - we have failed!

I'm not going to jail out of a feeling of anger or hatred, but because
I love my son.  Non-cooperation/NonViolent Action will probably be a
painful physical experience, but certainly not 'bad'.  Our love for
our kids is a powerful force for change and NonViolent Action allows
us to use it.  http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm

We are not the National Association of Pork Producers
There are members and leaders of a lot of groups on this list.  Yes,
we need to write letters.  Yes, we need to lobby.  Yes, we need to
file court challenges.  But...... let's not confuse our goals and
methods with everybody else.  We are talking about a basic Human
Right, not negotiating the amount of pork support subsidies.

We need to make public action a part of our dialog. We all need to
prepare ourselves and help others through the 'pain' that voluntary
self-sacrifice brings.  Once we incorporate that into our struggle,
our 'reward' will not be far away.  We need to prepare for a struggle
equal to that which finally destroyed segregation,
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm

Best regards and thanks for your prayers and any help you can give!